JOURNAL ARTICLES / CONFERENCES
- Serkan Dogan, Adna Ašić, Gulsen Dogan, Larisa Bešić, Damir Marjanović; Turkish population currently residing in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina – A synopsis of population genetics studies. In IUAES Intercongress, World Anthropologies and Privatization of Knowledge: Engaging Anthropology in Public, May 2016.
- Doğan S, Doğan G, Ašić A, Bešić L, Klimenta B, Hukić M, Turan Y, Primorac D, Marjanović D; Prediction of the Y-Chromosome Haplogroups Within a Recently Settled Turkish Population in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Collegium Antropologicum, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 1-7, Apr. 2016.
- Babić, N., Dogan, S., Čakar, J., Pilav, A., Marjanović, D., & Hadžiavdić, V; Molecular diversity of 23 Y-chromosome short tandem repeat loci in the population of Tuzla Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina,Annals of Human Biology, just accepted, 1-23, 2016.
- Dogan, S., Babic, N., Gurkan, C., Goksu, A., Marjanovic, D., & Hadziavdic, V; Y-chromosomal haplogroup distribution in the Tuzla Canton of Bosnia and Herzegovina: A concordance study using four different in silico assignment algorithms based on Y-STR data,HOMO-Journal of Comparative Human Biology, 2016.
- Marjanović, D., Hadžić Metjahi, N., Čakar, J., Džijan, S., Škaro, V., Projić, P., ..., Primorac, D.; Identification of human remains from the Second World War mass graves uncovered in Bosnia and Herzegovina,Croatian medical journal, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 257-262, 2015.
- Gulsen Dogan, Serkan Dogan, Damir Marjanović; Prediction of the Y Chromosome Haplogroups within a Recently Settled Turkish Population in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. In 9th ISABS Conference in Forensic, Anthropologic and Medical Genetics and Mayo Clinic Lectures in Individualized Medicine, Jun. 2015.
- Karmin, M, …, Damir Marjanovic, …; A recent bottleneck of Y chromosome diversity coincides with a global change in culture, Genome Research, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 459-466, Mar. 2015.
- Serkan Dogan, Adna Ašić, Sanida Buljubašić, Larisa Bešić, Monia Avdić, Elma Ferić, ..., Damir Marjanović; Overview of European population clustering based on 23 Y-STR loci, Genetika, Vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 901-908, 2015.
- Serkan Dogan, Adna Asic, Imer Muhovic, Larisa Besic, Damir Marjanovic; Overview of the Genetic STR Clustering among Worldwide Human Populations, International Journal of Human Genetics, Vol. 14, No. 3,4, Dec. 2014.
- Serkan Dogan, Dragan Primorac, Damir Marjanovic; Genetic analysis of haplotype data for 23 Y-chromosome short tandem repeat loci in the Turkish population recently settled in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatian Medical Journal, Vol. 55, No. 5, Oct. 2014.
- Primorac D, Schanfield MS, Marjanović D; Basic Genetics and Human Genetic Variation. Book chapter - Forensic DNA Applications: An Interdisciplinary Perspective Book, CRC Press, USA, 2014.
- Serkan Dogan, Lejla Kovacevic, Damir Marjanovic; Genetic Polymorphisms of 15 STR Loci within Turkish Student Population Living in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Collegium Antropologicum, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 1313-1319, Dec. 2013.
PhD DISERTATIONS SUPERVISED / IN PROGRESS:
- Serkan Dogan, completed in March 2015; "Analysis of Molecular Genetic Diversity within a Recently Settled Turkish Population in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina"
- Mustafa Dogan, in progress; “Analysis of Y chromosome STR haplotypes in the Northern Iraqi population"
- Ramazan Tunc, in progress, “Analysis of molecular genetic diversity based on autosomal STR polymorphisms in the Northern Iraqi populations”
- Hacer Konakli, in progress, “Analysis of ACE and ACTN3 gene polymorphisms in Balkan populations”
MASTER THESIS SUPERVISED / IN PROGRESS:
- Sanida Buljubašić, completed in June 2016; “Analysis of ACE gene polymorphisms in Gorani population”
- Sanela Pelivani, completed in June 2016; “Analysis of ACTN3 gene polymorphisms in Gorani population”
- Hasan Emin Balkaya, in progress, “Analysis of molecular genetic diversity in the Turkmen population of Northern Iraq”